It can be hard to find workwear for women over 50. It’s an age where you want to stay fashionable but still want to look sophisticated and professional. There are so many new trends that it can be hard to pick which ones are appropriate for the office. This article will help you find the right outfit every time.
Go for the Classics
Who could go wrong with a well-fitting blazer? It’s a staple that every working lady should have. It comes in different cuts and colours, which makes it perfect for dressing up. Remember these rules when picking out a blazer:
- You know that the blazer is the right size when it’s not too tight around your shoulders. It also shouldn’t be too loose.
- If your body is straight, you want a blazer that’s drawn in at the waist.
- Pear-shaped ladies will benefit from jackets with hems that do not fall at the hips. It should either be cropped or fall below the hips.
- Those who have wide shoulders and narrow hips will benefit from a loose fit blazer. Never pick one with shoulder pads, as they will emphasise your problem areas.
- Apple shaped ladies will benefit from a blazer in soft, lightweight fabrics. Avoid adding bulk to your frame.
The Perfect Pencil Skirt
The pencil skirt is a staple garment in workwear for women over 50. They are office appropriate yet emphasises your curves. They’re a fashionable alternative to dresses and pantsuits. When picking a pencil skirt, keep these in mind:
- Those with hourglass figures should stay away from high-waisted pencil skirts. These add bulk to your frame.
- Those who have a straight figure would benefit from embellished skirts. The texture will add curves to your frame.
- If you’re curvy, opt for a high-waisted skirt to show off your figure.
Finding workwear for women over 50 can be tricky. These tips should help you find the right outfit every time.