Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Posted by on Nov 23, 2016 in Lawyers |

How Can I Claim Industrial Deafness Compensation?

Hearing capability is a blessing for human beings. Due to many reasons, people can lose their sense of hearing. Sometimes this may be attributable to genetic disorders or due to any diseases. Another common reason is working in a very noisy environment. Let us discuss more on industrial deafness compensation.

What is Industrial Deafness?

Industrial deafness compensation means losing a person’s hearing capability on a gradual or sudden as a consequence of working environment. It is also known as noise-induced hearing loss or occupational deafness. Due to the high noise and sound in the working field, a worker is losing his hearing capability, which is a hard situation. If you are losing your hearing capacity due to your work environment, you can claim for your compensation.

Which work sectors have a chance for industrial deafness?

 Construction Work
 Mining Work
 Factories
 Processing industry
 Council workers
 Railway workers and transport workers
Heavy machine operators
 Manufacturing Industry
 Airline Industry

How can I check having deafness or not?

If you are suffering from any of the below-enlisted situation due to your profession or work environment, you can confirm that you are a victim of Industrial deafness.

 If you hear annoying ringing sensation or noise in your ears
 If you miss conversations in background noise
 If you ask people to repeat what they said
 If you want to raise the volume of TV or Radio to hear the voice
 If you have experiencing difficulty in understanding a telephonic conversation
 If you miss doorbell as well as telephone ringing

How to claim your compensation?

If you confirmed that you are suffering from industrial deafness compensation, you could apply for the compensation that claims. First of all, you have to provide a work capacity certificate that certifies your industrial deafness. You can apply for claim either you are employed or within 1 year from the retirement. You can apply for the claim only if you have 5 years of working experience in any noise related field.

Once you have applied for the claim, and it is accepted you will be called for a hearing assessment with an audiologist to check your hearing capability. During the assessment, if your hearing power is more than 5%, then you will get compensation for your claim.

If your industrial deafness compensation claim is once accepted, you will get a notice to receive lump sum payment. You can make a claim every 3 years from the date of claim acceptance.

Share Us...Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on LinkedInShare on TumblrShare on Reddit