The Things To Do When Choosing A Freight Forwarding Company
When you are embarking in the import/export business, you need to also be affiliated with a freight forwarding company. A freight forwarding company is equipped with a team of experts when it comes to freight forwarding. They are affiliated at the same time with networks of carriers not only from the country where you are in but also to other countries. Thus they can effectively assist you when it comes to cargo shipping. They can even assist you right from the start like in preparing the documents so that your shipments will start to move. There are now many freight forwarding companies and almost all of them are in the internet thus when shopping for one, you can start online if you don’t know anyone to ask for recommendations. You must first check their credentials properly especially that you might need the freight forwarding company for a long time.
If you need tips when choosing a freight forwarding company, here are the topmost things that you should do:
- Firstly, you need to ensure that the company is licensed, bonded and insured. These documents will be your allies in the event that something not expected will go wrong and you need to file a complaint.
- Be sure as well that they have networks with the countries you are dealing with. Note that not all freight forwarding companies are heavily affiliated to other countries. Thus even if you are just starting in this kind of business, you should still choose one that is well connected. This way, when you will embark in a wider horizon, you need not search for a freight company again.
- Don’t forget to gather at least three or five freight forwarding companies so that you can make a comparison. The bottom line here is, choose properly since you will probably use this company for a long time.
- Ask for references and you need to really talk to these references so that you will be warned or encouraged to deal with such freight forwarding company. You will at least also know what to expect like if the company is with commendable customer service since you will be dealing with them every time and if the company is professional in every aspect. Like if they are usually on time and if they constantly update their customers especially when there are problems like delays and so on. This way, you can also warn your client about the situation.
- And lastly, though you think you have found the best freight forwarding company, still their price must be competitive. Don’t go for a freight forwarding company that it too expensive. Note that there are still many other freight forwarding companies to check.
Don’t be intimidated. Even if you are just a small company, you are still going to pay them thus you should be the one doing the negotiations and you not the other way around. You are a potential customer thus they should be nice to you. Checkout the freight quotes here.